Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Year Without A Blog Post

Well hello guys, yes I'm actually still here! I realize I haven't done a post since, well February. So now I wanted to talk about all the things I have been doing for the last nine months.

A month or so after I wrote that post about Minecraft, I bought it and I played it from that time forward. I had fun playing it all almost hours of the day, and I still continued to watch my favorite Minecrafter videos. Three months later it was my birthday! It was really great. I got Portal 2 and a new camera for making movies!

(Photos taken with Sony Bloggie Touch)

My Birthday Cake!

My Birthday cake!

Birthday Tulips

My B day flowers

After eating my cake (that was a lie), I hooked my laptop up to the TV and played Portal 2 so my family could watch. It overall, was an EPIC birthday of video games and videos, and of course I had to have a little time to play Minecraft afterwards. Plus, seven days after my birthday we adopted two adorable guinea pigs!

Annabelle

Annabelle

Beatrice

Beatrice

Also in May, we auditioned for a choir, and we got in!

So a few months later, the hot and sunny summer was rounding the corner and my sister and I were going to camp! My first day started like any other day, no one knew what Unschooling was, therefore they ignored it and went on to assume I meant Homeschooling. That basically continued the whole five weeks I was there. Although it took getting used to being around teens who would throw their lunch at one another, I still otherwise had fun swimming and challenging myself by doing the flying squirrel and getting lifted 45ft in the air! I also had fun doing specialty groups at camp were I took a World of Water: How to SCUBA Dive class and I got to go to a local water park. But soon it was somehow already almost over, so it was cool a few weeks later, when at the end of camp, I was given the Counselor Award for being like a 3rd counselor to our group!

After the last day of camp we had only five days until Northeast Unschooling Conference.

Once it was time to go down to NEUC, Hurricane Irene was almost here, so we had to drive down to Massachusetts in a downpour. Once we were there we talked to a some friends we knew from the past year and we go to know new people, too! Once the conference had officially started,
we stayed up late to watch a movie marathon, and the next day we played Werewolves of Millers Hollow.

Here are some pictures of the conference (photos by my mom.)

Playing Werewolves

so let's play more Werewolves

Showing a kid Minecraft

hey, let me show you this...

Making A Portal Gun In The Art Room

whatchya' makin'?

On the last day of the conference we played Werewolves ALL DAY and stayed up until 4:00 am! It was really fun. The next day there was a closing announcement and then there was a picnic in Salem, so we went there and said our goodbyes and also took this group photo.

post-#NEUC park gathering--Happy Not Back To School!

Sadly, not everyone was included due to some having to go home to check on their house a day early because of Irene. But anyway, it was very fun but it was also good to go home and get a good 12 hour rest.

Pretty soon the Common Ground Country Fair was on its way! In a few weeks it was time to drive up to my grandparent's house which is where we would stay for the Fair weekend. The next day we got up had our coffee and the set out to the fair. Here are some pictures!

The beginning of the first day!

early start after a late night

Getting Wood-fired Pizza For Lunch

pizzatarian

Kids Bashing Heads

now, kids

Doing A Kitchen Demo And Making Applesauce

kitchen demo

Pie cones!

mother...

We also volunteered at the Country Store the next day! I took customer orders for what color and size of shirt and went and got it.

taking shirt orders

We volunteered the next day, too. It was really fun and the manager said we were one of the best groups he had had so we helped take down the tent and put all the extra shirts away. It was fun to walk around, have great food, meet with friends and help out.

At the end of September we started choir which has been really fun, and we are going to have a concert this December! Also before I forget, Halloween! It was awesome! I made a whole Minecraft costume and it turned out great (plus I got a bunch of loot.)

Here is a photo of me with my friend Noah!

Noah and Adam

So now this is present day and I've been having fun with guinea pigs and playing tons of Minecraft! I also have been saving up for a thing called Fraps which is a screen recorder so I can record myself, my sister and my friend, Noah playing Minecraft, and maybe make a whole series! Well anyway, now you are caught up with my life and I hopefully will be doing posts more often :D

-Adam O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...